Last Updated: March 8, 2017
The procedures of obtaining your Chinese driver license in Shanghai
--- Convert your foreign driver license to Chinese Driver License in Shanghai
Who Must Have a Chinese Driver License in China?
All Residents who drive on public highways or public parking facilities in China must have a Chinese driver license. Your foreign drivers license or international driver license is NOT VALID in China.
How To Get The Chinese Driving License?
1. Get your foreign driver license translation done at the appropriate agency and it would be kept in the sealed envelope. [Shang Car would visit you and pick up your driver license to get it translated in advance]
2. Arrange a Health Check time to Local Road Authority in Qing Chun Rd., Xinzhuang, Shanghai. [Shang Car's staff will company you to have a Health check there] It's about 10 Minutes for the test. Since the health forms are all in Chinese, we help to fill it out.
3. Get an Examination Question Bank at the counter and they will give you the examination date. It's about highway code test guidance and Shanghai Expo related questions. (Update: DOWNLOAD THE QUESTION BANK HERE>>>English, Français , Japanese, Español , Pусский язык , Chinese )
4. Be there on time at the appointed date, take your examination there. Once passing your test, you spend a few minutes getting processed, and get your Chinese driver license the same day.
See you on the road and Drive Safety in China.
Documents that you need to bring at the date of Health Check:
- Original passport
- Your foreign driver license [should be valid for more than 6 months]
- Work & Residence Permit (in Shanghai)
- A translated Foreign Drivers License [Shang Car prepares that
Service fee: RMB 1,500 [prepaid] Service fee includes all government fee, application fee etc.
Send your enquiry today to firstname.lastname@example.org a bout your driver license conversion in Shanghai